Monday, March 7, 2011

On the road again......

Today was a great day in terms of exercise and food choices. At the gym today, I ran for 3.62 km in 30 minutes. Then I moved on to a bit of weight training, upper body only. My lower back is a bit sore so I’m wondering if I need new sneakers? I haven’t signed up for any runs this spring so my gym time/training has been lackadaisical to say the least. Having a training schedule works for me but I’m not too interested in signing up for anything. I’m sure why, just that I’m not. Our family schedule has been totally extreme this winter. Every day, we seem to have 3 activities and more to fit in plus work, school, family time and life in general. I think it's time to revaluate and call a family meeting over the next week to discuss. Where would I fit in time for an actual marathon? Really, I would just stress over my long run and drive myself nuts so I’m not setting a goal which I really can’t keep. But, I must say, the training widget is great motivation and will keep me on track. Plus, at work, I am involved in a pedometer challenge. Starting today for 7 weeks till Easter, I record my steps daily and may win a prize along the way. My goal is to obtain at least 10,000 steps /day to be Active. 10, 000 steps =approx 8 km. 10,000 steps burns 300 to 400 calories each day and 10,000 steps is achievable.
Steps per Day

< 5,000Steps Sedentary lifestyle 5, 000-7,499 Low Activity Level 7,500-9,999 Somewhat Active > 10,000 Active


> 12,000 Highly Active


(Sports Medicine, 2004)


20, 941 steps today in total. 20, 941.. I walked 8241 plus my activity which is a grand total of 20, 941 steps. Great day my friends. My pedometer is from stepscount and they also have a site that allows you to track your daily steps and walk around the province. I would like to find a widget to track my steps that I can add. Does anyone have any suggestions? Off to bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment