Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chocolate Rehab Anyone?

Yes, I love Chocolate. Yes, I crave Chocolate, Yes, I need chocolate at times and yes, admittedly, I have wrestled my 9 year old to the floor for the last piece. Ok not a shining mommy moment, but does that mean I’m addicted? It’s not like I gave my 9 year old away for chocolate. I’m not buying into the so called “Chocoholics” label as I argue with my husband over the last piece before I opened my blog, hence the chocolate state of mind.

Why can’t I just love chocolate and be done with it? In response, my sensible/rational self would answer, because we generally crave foods due to external prompts and our emotional state, rather than actual hunger. We tend to be bored, anxious, or down immediately before experiencing cravings, so one way of explaining cravings is self-medication in response to our feelings, positive or negative. Chocolate appears to be the most frequently craved food in women, and many women describe themselves as ‘chocoholics.’ Chocoholics insist that it is habit-forming, that it produces an instant feeling of well-being, and even that abstinence leads to withdrawal symptoms.

Well, back to my irrational self and my response would be simply, not me.. I’m not one of them. I could give up chocolate but ask you why? In moderation all is good and it’s not like I eat a carton of Easter Cream eggs every day people. In all honesty, I do love chocolate but I do have a limit and I try to hold fast to this limit. Sure the lines get obscured during seasonal times.. Especially Halloween but life continues healthy onward.. So, yes, I am a chocolate lover not a chocoholic. So, what about you? Are there are chocolate bunnies under your bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment