Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is it time for bed yet?

Do you have those mornings when you wake up and the only thing on your mind is going back to bed? I’ve been tagged by some bug and my throat is still sore and I’m so so tired. Yesterday, I really thought pushing through my workout would make me feel better but nada. Still feel like blah. Not a great way to start your day and a full day it was. No gym time today as I went to mass for Ash Wednesday, more on that later when I can think coherently. # 3 is also having a sleepover with 2 friends, and I’m on nails and cupcake duty, so much fun. Husband is with # 1 & 3 at the Saint John Youth Minor Hockey Skill Competition. # 1 is participating in the shoot out and fastest skater for his division. What is especially nice about the whole event is that Saint John Youth raises money for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Although we all tend to get ourselves wrapped up in our desire to achieve success in sports, it is very important to remember that many, many people are struggling to beat a much more difficult opponent than any sport team. For people who have cancer and other life-threatening illnesses, every minute of every day is a tough battle. That's why those of us who have good enough health to enjoy a sport like hockey or running should do our best to have fun at it and be thankful for being able to do just that. Hats off to Saint John Youth who organize this event that supports the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation and I am thankful that my boys have an opportunity to participate in such an event. Building blocks to what is shaping their character.

**

No comments:

Post a Comment